Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ceramic Project


The medium of my ceramics project is clay and the size is a height of 2 inches with a 9 inch diameter. The design element that was stressed during the construction was Form (shape and structure of an object). Hump was the technique that was used ( the clay surround the bowl). My piece will serve the function of being a cereal bowl. Though it will not work very well due to the fact that the sides are only 2 inches high. The design for my project is a circular shape in the middle representing the sun. With lightning bolts coming from three different points out to the ends. I learned how to make a clay bowl and how to glaze it, as well as how to cut out a piece of clay. If I were to repeat this project I would darken and increase the amount of of red paint I put on the bowl. I would also raise the sides of the bowl so that it could hold more substance/objects. This was information about my ceramic project.

No comments:

Post a Comment