Saturday, May 25, 2013

Tiger Stamp


Many steps small and large were required to create my Tiger stamp. First I went onto the computer and found a picture of a tiger and printed it out in color. Next I sketched it in my sketch book and then drew it on a small piece of paper. Then I colored the back of the paper with a pencil so that it was covered with a layer of lead. Then I taped the paper to a piece of easy cut and used a pen to outline(trace) the drawling of my tiger. Once I could clearly see the outline of my tiger on the easy cut I used a carving tool (with multiple head pieces to chose from) to cut into my easy cut. Once that was completed I was free to make any prints I wanted to. To make the actually prints on paper I had to gather a few materials: briar, paint, paper, and a edge stopper. To create the prints you see on this post I squirted a little bit of orange paint on my edge stopper and then rolled the briar on the edge stopper to make a smooth layer of paint on the briar. Next I rolled the briar onto my carved easy cut until there was a smooth layer of paint on the easy cut. Then I picked up the easy cut with paint on it and pressed it onto my piece of paper, and made sure that it was lined up with the paper. Finally underneath the print you write which number the print is on the left(ex: 3/4). In the middle you write the title of the print(ex: Tiger). And finally on the right you write the artist name(ex: Andrew Boland). These were the steps I took to create my prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment