Thursday, May 30, 2013

Grand Canyon Painting


I did not have to do much organizing for my painting because I brought in my own photo that I took myself when I was visiting the Grand Canyon 3 years ago. The actually picture is at the bottom of this post as you can see. Atmospheric perspective is the creation of an illusion of depth. To create an illusion of depth I made the background and the middle ground lighter than the foreground. Also I added less detail in the background so that it looks farther away. To create a light source I added value so that some areas are darker than others. And some areas are lighter than others. My color scheme was complementary which is using the hues blue and orange; made from the mixing of red and yellow. I used many types of brush strokes to create this piece of art. Some of them include normal size brushes to make the background and middle ground as well as a credit card to make the ridges. Something when painting the foreground and middle ground I used a fan brush which helped created the mountainous/ jagged look to my painting. To make the clouds I used a sponge to make the clouds wispy and spotchy. Additionally to make the shrubs in the middle I used a tooth brush and splattered it on the painting. I used value by making the parts of the mountain that did not have light hitting it darker and the the parts that had lots of light hitting it lighter in color and brighter. This is how I created my acrylic landscape painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment